Report a concern

Please use the Community partnership intelligence form | Humberside Police to report any concern or crime to the Police.

Concern about a Child

How to request a Local Authority Early Help service or worker?

Where a professional identifies a need, it will be their role to discuss with the family, seek consent and complete the Early Help Assessment Plan (Word, 64KB) alongside the family to highlight the support required .

Within the EHA professionals will be required to outline who is supporting or has supported the family, outline a plan being specific about the Local Authority service they are requesting.

Once the EHA has been completed with the family and consent gained to submit the assessment, this should then be sent to

Further guidance can be found at

Report a safeguarding concern about a child

Keeping children safe in North East Lincolnshire

Find out what to do if you’re worried that a child is being neglected or abused.

If you are ever concerned that a child is in immediate danger, you should contact the police on 999.

Safeguarding children and young people is the responsibility of everyone. If you are concerned that a child is being abused, or they may be at risk of harm, you should contact our Integrated Front Door Service (IFD) to make a referral:

  • Members of the public and professionals can call the IFD on 01472 326292 (option 2, option 2) (Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm).

You must ensure that all relevant information, including parental consent or clear reasons why this has not been obtained, is provided to ensure that the referral can be progressed as effectively as possible. You will receive acknowledgement of your contact being received, should you not receive this please follow up to ensure your information has been received. Professionals will be expected to follow up their referral in writing

If you are a professional and aware that the child/family has an allocated Social Worker, the team can be reached on 01472 326292 option 2, option 1.

What to expect when calling the IFD to make a referral

You can expect to be asked:

  • Have you spoken to parents about your worries, if not why? what have    parents said?
  • Who is in the family network and the TAF supporting the family? Please have names, numbers, address etc ready.
  • What are your worries? What has led to you calling today?
  • What makes the worry more of a worry today than yesterday?
  • What actions you have taken if any to reduce these worries.
  • What is the impact on the child?
  • Who could help the family?
  • If there is an injury – what does this look like? What is the child saying?    Why does it concern you?
  • Has this happened before?
  • Scaling

Urgent reports out of hours

Children’s Social Care also run the Emergency Duty Team (EDT), which you can contact on 01472 326292 (option 2).

This service is an EMERGENCY ONLY service open from 5pm to 8:30am, Monday to Thursday and 4.30pm Friday to 8.30am Monday.

Please only contact the Emergency Duty Team if you have a concern where by a child is at immediate risk of harm and the call cannot wait until the following morning when a Social Worker will be available to take your call.

Concern about an adult

The Single Point of Access (SPA) is available 24/7 all year round, including bank holidays. The staff are based locally and have local knowledge.  Health (including Nurses and Therapists) Social Care and Mental Health professionals are available for advice and support.  The SPA also hosts the out of hours GP service.

Anyone that suspects another professional or adult of abuse or neglect has a duty to refer it to the relevant employer or safeguarding agency to be investigated.  If you need to raise a Safeguarding Adults concern, please call 01472 256 256. This number is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Vulnerability to radicalisation or extremism

The Channel Referral form is available for professional use and should be held by your agency already. If you do not have a copy of this form, please email and ask for a blank copy.

The form should be completed with the details of the person for who the referring officer/agency has concerns in relation to their vulnerability to radicalisation for extremist or terrorist purposes.

If you have a concern and would like some advice please contact the Humberside Police Prevent Team on 101. This is also the contact number for members of the public with concerns.

Modern slavery

Use this reporting email address if you’re concerned about someone who you think might be a victim of modern slavery in the North East Lincolnshire area.

Local Authority Designated Officers (LADO) concern

The Contact Details for North East Lincolnshire Local Authority Designated Officers (LADO) is:


Telephone: 01472 326118

LADO Safeguarding Children Procedure – Managing Allegations against People who work with Children (Word, 200KB)

Report a LADO concern (Word, 76KB)

Designated Adult Safeguarding Manager (DASM) concern

Advice when allegations are made against professionals:

Anyone that suspects another professional or adult of abuse or neglect has a duty to refer it to the relevant employer or safeguarding agency to be investigated.  If you need to raise a Safeguarding Adults concern, please call 01472 256 256. This number is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Report a DASM concern

Report a non-emergency crime

Used this form for reporting a burglary of non-domestic or commercial premises for example sheds and outbuildings, theft, criminal damage or theft from or damage to vehicles.

Report a non-emergency crime

Please note that all online reports will be processed as soon as possible. 

For any other crimes please call Humberside Police on 101. If there is an emergency ring 999.

Reporting hate crime

Hate Crime is if the victim or anyone else think it was motivated by hostility or prejudice towards that person’s age, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or transgender identity. This can be committed against a person or property. A victim does not have to be a member of the group at which the hostility is targeted. In fact, anyone could be a victim of a hate crime.

Report a hate crime / incident